Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The PMDD Project

I'm so excited! A few months ago, a lovely lady named Amanda started a viral video sensation that has led to getting people buzzing about PMDD. These brave, valiant women volunteered their time and possibly, their humility, to open up about PMDD and what it's going to their lives. The ladies discuss their symptoms, the toll PMDD takes on their wellbeing—emotionally, mentally, and physically. You might listen to their stories and feel like you're standing in front of a mirror if you're a sufferer yourself. Some might cause you to break down and cry, because it's so relieving to hear someone else understands what you're going through. You'll hear about the impact having PMDD has had on education and work for these ladies. You'll listen to their accounts of the pain they can't escape, how unfair it is, and how unimportant they feel because PMDD isn't being given the attention it deserves from the medical community. If you have PMDD, listen to these women. If you know someone with PMDD, listen to these women. If you don't have PMDD or know anyone with it, listen to these women. I'm willing to bet everyone is somewhat connected to someone with PMDD. It is not rare. It just isn't paid attention to. Women suffer for years not knowing themselves what is wrong. The time has come for change. A simple sharing of these videos on your Facebook of Twitter gets these voices out there. I know when I publish my videos, I'm going to pray people start seeing my face. I'm going to pray that I'm putting my life out there, all my personal struggles and secrets, all my pain and humility, in hopes that people will care enough to pass it on. Get the message out to the world! Please!

You can find videos for the PMDD Project on Youtube. Check us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment